CyberPDX is on for 2020 in a new remote format! Camp will run between August 3-13, with the following general schedule:
In order to make it easier for folks to fit CyberPDX into their current schedules (and save us all from too much Zoom exhaustion), CyberPDX will be split across a two week period.
- The total time commitment, spread across the 2-week period, is 30 hours.
- Participants will receive a ~$1300 stipend for their full participation in camp activities and for delivering 2 written lesson plans at the end of the two week period. See our Curriculum Repository for sample lesson plans from past camps.
- We will meet via Zoom for 2 hours each Monday-Thursday morning between August 3 – August 13. During this time, participants will engage in synchronous instructional activities in four different threads: literature, cryptography, programming, and policy.
- Camp faculty will be available for optional drop-in consultation from 2-3p every day.
- Participants will engage in a set of asynchronous enrichment activities throughout the week at their convenience.
- Participants will also meet in small groups of 2-3 to collaborate on lesson plan development throughout the 2 week period. These affinity groups will be self-selected and allow you to build relationships with your fellow teachers across grades and subjects, map out how cyber curriculum can align with district/state standards, and develop and pilot custom lesson plans.